CReative Entrepreneurs ACTing FOR the future MEDiterranean
Creative Entrepreneurs ACTing FOR the future Mediterranean
CREACT4MED is a project funded by the European Union (EU) through the EuropeAid Programme, which aims to strengthen businesses and entrepreneurship in the cultural and creative industries (CCI) in the EU’s southern neighborhood, with a particular focus on young people and women.
What is the Idea Behind this Project?
According to UNESCO, the Cultural and Creative Industry (CCI) represents nearly 30 million jobs worldwide and is a driver for growth for developed or developing countries. However, it is found that the average contribution of CCI in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is significantly higher than the rest of the world.
Moreover, except for the economic benefits that CCI provides to countries, they are also sources of creativity and cohesion. These characteristics are important for all societies, but especially for regions traditionally ravaged by conflicts like the MENA region.
What are the Expected Benefits and how to Achieve them?
As highlighted above, CCI’s contribution to the economy and the society in the MENA region is more important than anywhere else in the world. For this reason, CREACT4MED project wants to capture all the untapped potential that there is while providing inclusive growth in the sector.
In other words, it seeks to strengthen CCI businesses by attracting more investments and creating more job opportunities. At the same time, to provide help, especially to youth and women entrepreneurs, in the form of training and coaching while easing their access to funding.
In broad terms, the partnership will employ the following activities:
- Map the CCI ecosystem in the MENA region to identify opportunities to create value and social impact.
- Train youth and women to acquire the skills that are necessary to become CCI entrepreneurs.
- Assist entrepreneurs in getting funding or have access to incubators to develop their business.
- Build a community of entrepreneurs, NGOs, start-ups, MSMEs to raise awareness on the economic value and social impact of CCI.
CREACT4MED Project Partnership
This project relates to the European neighborhood around the Mediterranean Sea. For this reason, the participating organizations in CREAT4MED come from Mediterranean countries. The organizations that comprise the consortium are:
- Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) (Coordinator)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (iED)
- European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
- Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED)
- Redstart Tunisia
- Confédération méditerranéenne pour le développement (MED Confederation)
- Beyond Group
- Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta (LUMSA Università)
- Association of Organisations of Mediterranean Businesswomen (AFAEMME)
- Positive Agenda Advisory
EMEA is the Lead Partner because CREACT4MED builds on its research work of the past years. Their work utilized the “Think Small First” principle in all policy areas related to the development of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in all sectors, especially in the CCI.
ROLE OF REDSTART TUNISIA
- Monitoring Incubation Programs
- Participation in the Technical Assistance Team
- Organisation of visits to SNCs (End 2022 – Beginning 2023)
- Promotion and selection of Best Practice examples
- Support to mapping and identification of policy recommendations
- Contribution to the organization of the Summer School
- Support to communication and capitalisation